Chat Language for Dummies - by a dummy

Category: , By bloodhound94
You dont know how desperate the grown-ups of our modern world are to learn the lingo we, that is to say - teenagers, use. They do not realize their position, the current situation! The average Indian parent doesn't know half the things his/her boy does at school. At home, he does his homework and does his chores and plays the good boy role, at school he's a different person. It's not totally bad, the boy isn't an evil criminal, ofcourse it's all a part of growing up and I dont blame the parents for wanting to keep a close watch. Which brings us to social networking websites. Stalking the boy on Facebook. Some parents join with a different purpose - trying to become younger. Dont believe me? Check this out for solid proof: http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/
See how embarrassing that is? It's best they just stick to their age group online. They want to learn the chat language, that's fine. But they don't know how awkward they're making themselves look using "LOL" and "ROFL" at the age of forty!
Last week I came across an article in The Hindu titled, How To Use The Teen Lingo.
As soon as I saw the title I was like "WTF!!" This is ridiculous!! I mean .. Come ON!!
I read the article, half-annoyed and half-disgusted. Apparently, everybody uses "LOL" to show that they're kool (apparently you're cool if you replace the "C"s with "K"s), and the only adjective we use is "bling" (Who the hell told you that? O_o), and we refer to all guys as "dudes" and girls as "babes".
The last line of the paragraph is supposed to be an example of how you talk online. Standing JOKE!! Let me recite it one more time before laughing my arse off.
Hey, isnt tat the dude fm d dance thingie we went to lst week? He snt wid that bling babe anymore. Cool no? lolzzzz!!
*Evil laugh* Dont worry, wannabe-youngsters! You are never gonna get younger! The wrinkles on your face and the fungus between yer toes will haunt you for the rest of yer life! Muhahaha! Just kidding. Ahem. That's it for now, until next time, this is Azeron signin off.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Selenium September 29, 2009 at 3:25 AM
    My dad is actually on facebook... -_-;;;

    That's the single biggest reason I've never joined facebook...

    He is still trying to figure out my real Identity on the net... :P
  2. Samadrita September 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    Lol that last line was genuinely funny.
    ROTFL
    bling and babe :P

    Okay now I figure I ended up using way too much 'teen lingo' while typing this comment. :D
  3. bloodhound94 September 30, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    @Selenium
    My parents joined Fb too. Asking me for months to add them to my friendslist. I just created a dummy account, added both of them and never logged in ever again. :)

    @Samadrita
    I know, who the hell uses "bling babe"? :)

Something to say?